Utah Realtor VLOG 002
As I mentioned in the video there are a lot of different things to look at when considering buying an investment property. Here are 10 that are very helpful.
1. Location (www.walkscore.com)
2. Crime (www.city-data.com)
3. Taxes - Find this on your local county tax assessor website
4. Schools (www.greatschools.org/utah)
5. Vacancy Rates (In Utah - www.rentler.com) (www.zillow.com)
6. Current Rent Rates - (In Utah www.rentler.com) (www.rentometer.com)
7. Future Development - Go to the city or municipality and get information on their 5 year and 10 year plans for the area close to the property.
8 . Type of Property - Single Family - 3 bedroom & 2 bath. This changes if you are looking at multi-family.
9 . Expenses - Check and double check what expenses you will have on the property.
- Maintenance and repair
- Vacancy rate
10. Find something that is updated as much as possible. Just means less out of your pocket down the road.
Hope these are helpful. Check the VLOG next week for the financials of buying an investment property.